3, 4, or 5 days
This workshop is aimed at new entrants to the financial markets and support personnel who wish to gain an understanding of this exciting but complex world. It has been designed to provide a solid introduction to the jargon, institutions, instruments, and fundamental economics of the overall environment.
The workshop comprises a series of short lectures followed by extensive use of trading simulators and case studies.
- Understand the key principles and indicators of monetary economics
- Appreciate the theoretical foundations of the modern financial system
- Perform basic financial calculations and apply useful statistical techniques
- Understand the roles, responsibilities, and motivations of the key institutions and end-users
- Demonstrate an awareness of regulatory imperatives, e.g. capital adequacy and KYC
- Understand the mechanics and uses of the money, capital, foreign exchange, and commodity markets
- Understand the mechanics and uses of derivatives markets
- Investigate best practice approaches for market, credit, and operational risk management