Introductory / intermediate
Location and Duration
Johannesburg; 3 days
This workshop introduces the role of asset and liability management (ALM) as a vital function for value creation, performance measurement and, above all, sound risk management.
The programme is designed around the use of a cloud-based simulator, in order for delegates to understand the practical impact of a variety of strategies on the balance sheet and income statement of a full-service bank.
Delegates work in groups in order to achieve maximum Balance Sheet optimization, in a competing economy that reflects a real-life African environment with high interest rates, limited sources of liquidity, high credit default rates and stringent capital and other regulatory requirements.
- Understand how value is created and performance measured in a full-service bank
- Identify and measure exposure to liquidity and market risk
- Conform to internal and external capital requirements and other regulations
- Design strategies to control risks and maximise earnings within budgeted limits
- Understand the key principles, imperatives, and techniques of asset-liability management
ZAR 13 950 + VAT
DOWNLOAD BROCHURE: Download the workshop brochure
BOOK NOW: Provisionally reserve your place now, by downloading this form